To Request an Action Plan to address Medication Recommended Click Here
In this video, Dr. Huntoon discusses what you need to consider if you are asked to take a medication to mask your symptoms of your health concern.
Consider clicking on any of the links to your right, listen to our radio show on How To Work With Your Doctor and scroll down to discover all the questions you need to ask your doctor before accepting their prescription.
Dr. Huntoon is here to support your health, Naturally!
1. Will this medication cure my problem or simply mask the symptoms?
2. How does the medication work?
3. Is there another way than medication to treat my condition?
4. What will the medication do for me, both good and bad?
5. What is the most common side-effect?
6. What other common side-effects do I need to look for?
7. What is the follow-up treatment to balance the side-effects?
8. Will it interfere with the other medications I am currently taking?
9. Will it affect my ability to concentrate, do my job, eat, sleep, or conduct relations with my spouse?
10. Do I need to take it with food?
11. Will it cause me to gain weight?
12. What happens if I miss a dose?
13. How long will I be on it?
14. Are there any problems with stopping the medication once I start it if it doesn’t make me feel good?
15. If the medication doesn’t work, what is the next course of action?
Medicines Two Choices for You
Be sure to have all of these and any other questions answered before beginning your medication. Sometimes once you start, you are required to stay on it and live with the side-effects. Something to strongly consider.
If you would like to try a different form of care and get a different result, consider making an appointment with your Holistic Chiropractor.
Click the link for a description of this week's show and a link to the podcast from: